Friday, September 16, 2011

Halloween {and a lack of progress}

You'll soon discover that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I've always found it kind of odd though, because I hate scary movies! Anyway, I don't claim to make sense. I'll even admit that deep, deep, deep down {in a hushed voice}, I'm kind of a BIG dork! The good news is that I'm totally comfortable with that little known fact.

Anyway, now that I went WAY off topic...what was I talking about again? Oh...HALLOWEEN! So, today was one of those rainy, gray, breezy, damp days that just felt like fall {and I enjoyed every second of it}! Naturally, it got me thinking about fall and Halloween decor and Preston's 2nd Halloween costume! Last year, I already had it all planned out and waiting in his closet by now. Heck. I even had time for a DIY photo shoot and sent out photo cards to our entire family.

This isn't the actual photo card I sent out. It's just a little Picnik project, but wasn't my little scarecrow a DOLL?!
This year, I've done....NOTHING, and I hate that feeling. It's only September, but I'm already freaking out that I'm running out of time. On top of that, with everything going on {and it's been pretty consuming}, I don't have a clue about what he should be this year. Not. A. Single. Idea. Everytime I get one, it's tossed out because of some potential costume malfunction and his age. {I fear a 20 month old might refuse to wear a gnome beard, and then the whole costume is just a red turtle neck and navy sweatpants. I don't think he'll be able to sit comfortably in the stroller in a crayon get-up. Etc. Etc. Etc.} This is a tough age, because there is NO way he will do what I want him to do....Hummm....So I'm stumped. I know it will just come to me in one of those "out of no where" moments, but I'm ready for that to happen already. Momma's got work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment