Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Preston's Toddler Room: The Saga Continues...

I'm still plugging away at Preston's Toddler Room, but I'm ready to reveal a bit more of it...




Of course, I didn't like the diagonal way I first hung the "GROW" {third picture}, but it was an easy fix! I just included that picture to show you an up close shot of my handiwork. Yep, I painted that Very Hungry Caterpillar on some unfinished Walmart wooden letters. Total cost? $8

This is what that corner looked like BEFORE...




I've also gotten the new crib wall basically done. I might tweek it a bit, but I've stretched the budget as much as I can, and this is what I ended up with...









The only "new" things here are the three vintage books above. They were $1 each, and I love that they all have "boy" in the title. I also got the two white frames at Target for $12 each and put a "happy" and a "sad" picture from his first birthday photo shoot inside them. Each frame is 11x14, but they sort of get dwarfed by the tall ceilings and empty, brown wall. I'll probably play with it some and add a few new things eventually...

I do play with his sheets and swap them out often. He has two sock monkey ones in the same print as the pillow, lamp shade and light switch plate. Although we've had to lower the crib, he does have a red gingham crib skirt that's hard to see! The red blanket gets switched out often too. I also swap out the brown changing pad cover to the same monkey fabric as the lamp shade. That brown changing pad cover matches the brown bumper though. To originally save money, I never bought a crib set. I just got individual pieces from various places to build the look I got.

Here's what that wall looked like before...




As you can see, I've kept all of the basics and obtained a new look with a few new accessories and by simply rearranging the furniture!



No comments:

Post a Comment