Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Preston's Toddler Room: Let's Grow!

Last Christmas, I had a custom growth chart made for Preston. I sent the artist pictures of his room, and she did a great job with it! Sadly, he's sleeping right now, and I don't have a good picture of it, so I'll reveal it along with the rest of his toddler room transformation.

However, I did want to add another special detail with it on the wall, because the ceilings minimized the chart too much. I bought cheap, wooden letters for the word "grow" from Walmart, and I just painted them a pale ivory. Alone, they weren't enough of a punch for me, so I got out one of Preston's favorite books! I was immediately inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar, because it lends homage to the vintage vibe I enjoy about his room.

Now, I'm no artist, and I'm the least talented with paint, but I took a stab at it anyway. I propped the book up and got to work, and I think the end result is pretty similar to the classic character...







No comments:

Post a Comment