Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our Fall Family Festivities

We've been busy this Halloween season, and I wanted to share some of the festive activities we've done. Keep in mind that my camera broke at the beginning of the month, so all of these pictures were taken with my cell phone. Some are better than others, but a new camera isn't in the current budget, so I'm making due.

First, we went to the pumpkin patch! It's one of the things I look forward to all year long, and it's one of those things that I couldn't wait to share with a child of my own. Being a mommy, and having an excuse to live through his eyes again, is such a wonderful stage to be in...




Next, Preston painted a pumpkin {on the front porch of course} and added some glitter {my expensive Martha Stewart glitter}. Remind me not to make that same mistake again. He went glitter CRAZY {most of which just flew around the porch}! It's dollar store craft supplies for Mr. Glitz from now on...




Then, we carved our pumpkins...







and Preston ended up with his "tractor" pumpkin...




Lastly, we went TRICK-OR-TREATING tonight!




My little farmer had so much fun, and I had a blast watching him strut his stuff. He was pretty proud of himself {and his "tractor" gear}, and he caught on to the whole "I get candy" thing by the second house. Although we practiced "trick-or-treat", and he could say it, he must of gotten too excited in the heat of the moment. He walked right up to each person {scary or not}, held out his pail and said "More! More!" That was followed by a "tank you" and then a "bye-bye" and he was off to the next house!




The idea of "Farmer Preston" came naturally, because this child says "tractor" more than 100 times a day. Literally. As soon as he opens his eyes, he's pointing to his tractor blanket, and asking to put on his tractor boots, and carrying his tractor book {a John Deere children's product catalog} around all day, and playing with his toy tractors...you get the idea. The kid lives, breathes and drinks it. Yep. He even has two tractor sippie cups...

The idea was the perfect economical costume for us this year too. Everything can be reworn as every day gear, and we already had some of the pieces. I bought the "milk pail" candy bucket at a tractor supply store for $3.49 and just used my Cricut to cut out the letters. Lastly, I  Mod Podged them on! Easy peasy, and he must have loved it too, because he refused to let that thing go! The finishing touches were the red hankie that I stuffed in his back pocket and the brown makeup that a smudged on his face {dirt}.

xoxo Happy Halloween xoxo

3 comments:

  1. um. i see a little cody in that last picture. no? love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynz, I'll take it! I keep looking for anything that looks like me or our family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see his uncle in the last picture??

    ReplyDelete