Friday, August 5, 2011

Minor Changes and a Gift Wrap Idea

I went thrifting today! Yay! It isn't often that I feel compelled to tote my toddler around to potential break-happy zones, but I bit the bullet and did it. He was...alright...and I did score a few treasures.

This vintage white mirror was one of them. Only $1.49!

Here's the Before...

and another Before...

I'm constantly changing this thing! Anyway, while the books {from the first and second pictures} have yet to grow on me, which do you prefer? Brown or white mirror? I'd love to hear what you think!

While we're here, I'd love to share another quick budget-friendly idea! This is a card alternative. Everyone knows the price of greeting cards keeps climbing {and can frankly be out of control}, so awhile ago I started using these instead!

Library cards and pockets are available at my local teacher supply store. I pick them up there for literally pennies {I think it's like $.03/card and maybe $.05/pocket}! I simply write a quick note on the card, slip it into the pocket and attach it to my package. They come in a wide variety of colors, so they work great for almost any occasion! I love using them for baby shower gifts {especially when the person receiving the gift is a teacher}.

Think of them as the new "library card"! Yep! I'm a cheese ball...

2 comments:

  1. loving the new mirror and shelf arrangement. but where's the bird plate from pic 3? love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plate is still there. It was a freebie, black vinyl bird that I got with another purchase. I was playing around with it, but the fact that it was *slightly* off center and black always bugged me! {nothing in my house is black-brown is my "black"} I'll get a new vinyl soon. I have a few ideas.

    ReplyDelete