Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Master Bedroom Closet Reno

I haven't featured our master bedroom yet, because it's "done", but it isn't done. I'll take you back to the beginning, and slowly, we'll get up to speed together!

In desperate need of more closet space...

Yes! That really was the closet we BOTH shared!



Ryan, with the help of a friend, got to work...{Warning: These photos may induce a panic attack!}









It was at about this point that Ryan told me he really didn't know what he was doing and may have exaggerated his abilities and experience. Terrific. {Love you, babe!} Then, I woke up one morning and noticed the roof had leaked right above the work he had just accomplished. Perfect.





Needless to say, we took a little break to get a new roof. Some things are necessities, but thank goodness for insurance! They allowed some money to patch and re-texture the ceiling {Note: I do not love textured ceilings. Who does? However, we didn't have the know-how or desire to scrap them, so we just didn't! You can call me lazy!}, so I started getting quotes to fix it. In doing so, I sort of asked for quotes to finish up the drywall sanding and make it as sooth as humanly possible {it was anything but at this point}! In my mad hunt for a talented individual willing to work for soup and crackers, I found someone who was willing to patch and texture the ceiling, finish off the drywall mess, add trim to the inside of the closet AND paint the entire room for....wait for it.....$450!!!!!! I know. I couldn't believe it either!

As soon as that was done, we got to work with the closet system.





All that was left was the doors, outside trim and new carpet. We needed carpet because the hardwoods were already in rough shape, and then the closet reno really did a job on them too. It was a necessity! Trust me. Anyway, this is what we were left with...




Ryan had the biggest issue with the empty space above. While decor is always on my mind, he insisted we needed a TV up there. I finally caved and used it as a great excuse...Happy Birthday, honey!




Besides the TV, the space is empty, and it's been bothering me! Really. Bothering. Me. I've been searching all of my usual discount hot spots, and I think I finally found the perfect accessories today!




If you look really closely, you can still see the Ross price tag on the plate. I always leave them on, during my "Stage and Stare" time. This way, if I decide I don't like it, I can always take it back! What are your thoughts? It might not be to perfect scale, but I think I'll probably add a wicker lidded basket later on. The total cost invested for accessories? $21.97 plus tax!

No comments:

Post a Comment