Friday, July 22, 2011

Free Dining Room Centerpiece

It's been a crazy few weeks, so my posts have been nonexistent! Ryan's mom is still in ICU, but she is making improvements! He's still gone {this week was Chicago for work}! I've always had the utmost respect for single and military parents, but let me tell you, only having my husband home for two out of the last 25 days has been TRYING {to say the least}!

Anyway, I don't have anything major to share with you. I did get a new runner for my office, and I'm getting that room ready for a big reveal soon {look for it early next week}! Other than that, I've been trying to pinch our pennies with all of the traveling Ryan's been doing, but I have been playing around with some of my existing accessories. Using this from last week...




I came up with this...







The apothecary jar was a freebie from my mom! She didn't want it anymore, so SCORE for me! You can see skeleton keys in accents all over our home. These are ones I've collected at various flea markets. They're just attached with a piece of jute. Of course, when your {slightly} O.C.D. like me, and have an eye for design, you are never completely satisfied. I plan to add a tray to ground the centerpiece, and replace the candle holders with one glass one {that I found for $.25 at a yard sale} and a potted plant of some kind! Maybe I'll throw another fun little surprise in there too {like a white ceramic owl or bird}. Have I ever told you Ryan HATES bird decor?! Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment